- 1 pound thick asparagus
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 medium basil leaves
- 1 small shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 1/2 ounces pea shoots, trimmed
- 1/4 cup salted roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 Hass avocados, each cut into 8 wedges
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Fill a bowl with ice water. Cut off 1 inch of the asparagus tips and cut each tip in half lengthwise. Using a peeler or mandoline, shave the asparagus spears lengthwise. Blanch the asparagus tips and strands in the boiling water until just heated through, 10 seconds. Drain and transfer to the ice water to chill; drain well. Pat dry and transfer to a bowl.
- In a blender, blend the oil, lemon juice, basil, shallot and 1/4 cup of the parsley. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Add the pea shoots, pistachios and the remaining 1/4 cup of parsley leaves to the asparagus. Toss with half of the dressing and season with salt and pepper. Add the crab, avocado and the remaining dressing, toss gently and serve at once.
Portuguese Vinho Verde has a bright acidity and a seashell minerality that make it ideal for seafood dishes like this one.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.