- 2 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches of watercress (about 14 ounces), thick stems discarded
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab, picked over and drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
How to make this recipe
- In a bowl, whisk the vinegar with the shallot and mustard. Whisk in the walnut and olive oils and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the watercress with 3 tablespoons of the dressing. In another medium bowl, gently toss the crab with the celery, apple, walnuts and the remaining dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the watercress to plates, top with the crab salad and serve.
Chardonnay aged in new oak barrels has notes of vanilla and toast that go nicely with this nutty seafood salad. Look for one from Sonoma's Russian River Valley.