- 8 wide celery ribs, trimmed
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (2 ounces), softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped tarragon
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over and well drained
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fennel bulb, plus fennel fronds, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Peel the celery ribs so they sit flat, then cut them on the diagonal into 1-inch lengths. In a medium bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with the mayonnaise, lemon juice, basil, tarragon, parsley and lemon zest. Add the crabmeat, peas, fennel bulb and onion and stir gently until just combined. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the crab salad onto each piece of celery and garnish with a bit of fennel frond.
The crab salad can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.