- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large Hass avocados, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus small leaves for garnish
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons pure olive oil
- 5 dozen round tortilla chips
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
How to make this recipe
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, heavy cream and chipotle. Fold in the crab. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, combine the avocados, onion, jalapeño, chopped cilantro, lime juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate.
- To serve, put a heaping teaspoon of the guacamole on each tortilla chip, then spoon a tablespoon of the crab salad on top. Garnish each tostadito with some chopped tomato and a cilantro leaf and serve on a platter.
The crab mixture can be refrigerated overnight.