- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN Plus 2 hr chilling
- SERVINGS: 4 first-course servings
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion
- 2 dashes Tabasco
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of celery seeds
- 1/2 pound celery rootpeeled and halved
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1 celery rib, very thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1/2 pound cooked Dungeness crab (about 1 1/4 pounds in the shell) or other crab
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, scallion, Tabasco, mustard, wine, lemon juice and celery seeds.
- Using a mandoline, slice the celery root and carrots paper-thin. Finely julienne the celery root and carrot slices. Add the celery root, carrots, onion, celery and crab to the dressing and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours; serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.