- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion
- 2 dashes Tabasco
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of celery seeds
- 1/2 pound celery root—peeled and halved
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1 celery rib, very thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1/2 pound cooked Dungeness crab (about 1 1/4 pounds in the shell) or other
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, scallion, Tabasco, mustard, wine, lemon juice and celery seeds.
Using a mandoline, slice the celery root and carrots paper-thin. Finely julienne the celery root and carrot slices. Add the celery root, carrots, onion, celery and crab to the dressing and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours; serve.