- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook the bacon over moderately low heat until slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened but not browned, about 4 minutes.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the salt and pepper. Add the eggs to the skillet and, using a spatula, gently pull the cooked eggs to the center while titling the skillet to allow the uncooked portion to flow to the edges, about 3 minutes. When the eggs start to form a cohesive mass, place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 6 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Remove from the oven; top the eggs with the salsa and then the cheese. Return the skillet to the oven and bake for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and serve hot or warm.
Published September 1997