Couscous with Lemon and Watercress
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup instant couscous (about 7 ounces)
- 1 large bunch of watercress, 3 inches of stems trimmed off, cut crosswise into 1/2 -inch pieces
- 1 medium scallion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups of water with the butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the couscous. Cover the pan, remove from the heat and let stand until the couscous is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork. Stir in the watercress, cover and let stand until wilted, about 15 minutes. Stir in the scallion, garlic, lemon juice, oil and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Serve the couscous at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.