- 2 cups couscous
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced zucchini
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Crushed red pepper, for seasoning
How to make this recipe
Pour 2 cups boiling water over the couscous; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Boil the peas in 1/2 cup water for
1 minute. Drain the peas, reserving 1/4 cup of the water. In a skillet, sauté the zucchini in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and let cool to room temperature. In a small bowl, mix the reserved pea cooking water with the lemon juice and the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Fluff the couscous and pour this dressing on top.
Stir in the zucchini, peas, almonds, scallions, parsley and mint. Season with salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper.
Photo © Petrina Tinslay