© Petrina Tinslay
Couscous Salad with Zucchini and Roasted Almonds
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
Bklyn Larder sells fantastic prepared foods and locally sourced products. This recipe is from its upcoming cookbook.
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced zucchini
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Crushed red pepper, for seasoning
- Pour 2 cups boiling water over the couscous; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Boil the peas in 1/2 cup water for 1 minute. Drain the peas, reserving 1/4 cup of the water. In a skillet, sauté the zucchini in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and let cool to room temperature. In a small bowl, mix the reserved pea cooking water with the lemon juice and the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Fluff the couscous and pour this dressing on top.
- Stir in the zucchini, peas, almonds, scallions, parsley and mint. Season with salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper.