- SERVINGS: Makes about 6 cups
Court Bouilon is a classic French broth that can be made quickly and used for poaching seafood and infusing it with flavor.
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- Handful of fresh parsley stems
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large celery rib, thinly sliced
- Large pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large nonreactive saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to moderate and simmer for 10 minutes.
Make AheadThe broth can stand at room temperature for up to 5 hours. Bring the unstrained broth to a simmer before using.