Country-Style Ribs with Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup hickory, apple or maple wood chips
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 4 pounds meaty country-style pork ribs (about 6 ribs total)
- Light a gas grill. Wrap the wood chips in heavy-duty foil, pierce the packet all over with a skewer and add to the grill. Cover and let the chips begin to smoke, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, black pepper, cinnamon and ginger. Rub the spice mixture all over the ribs and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill the ribs, covered, over moderately high heat for 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are lightly charred and cooked through. Brush the ribs liberally with some of the barbecue sauce and grill, turning once, until nicely glazed, about 5 minutes. Transfer the ribs to a platter and serve, passing more of the barbecue sauce on the side.
Beer Smooth brown ale: Big Sky Moose Drool from Montana.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.