- 8 ounce dry-cured smoked country ham, such as Benton's or Edwards, very
- 8 small okra, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- One 1/4-pound piece of best-quality cheddar, such as Cabot clothbound
How to make this recipe
Arrange the sliced ham on plates and top with the sliced okra and scallions. Drizzle evenly with the olive oil and lemon juice. Shave the cheddar on top; you probably won't need to use the whole piece.