Country Ham Croutons
- SERVINGS: 10
Country ham, cold cured in salt and sugar and then aged, is available at specialty food stores and most supermarkets throughout the south. These easy-to-make croutons are so delicious they make excellent hors d'oeuvres on their own.
- Ten 3/8-inch-thick slices of French or Italian bread
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- One 1/2 -pound piece of country ham or prosciutto
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Brush the bread on both sides with the olive oil. Bake for about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Let cool.
- Put the ham in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Simmer over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Drain the ham and let cool completely.
- Finely chop the ham and put it in a small bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise and parsley. Mound the ham generously on the toasts and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.