Corsican Salad with Serrano Ham and Melon
- SERVINGS: 10
For this salad, which Jean-Christophe Royer describes as his Corsican variation on the familiar prosciutto and melon, he cuts the melon into bite-size pieces and arranges it on a bed of dressed greens with figs, ham and toasted pine nuts.
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large heads lettuce (such as Boston and red leaf), torn into pieces
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 small fresh figs, quartered
- 8 ounces thinly sliced Serrano ham
- 1 cup small basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chives, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Put the pine nuts in a pie plate and toast in the oven about 7 minutes, or until golden.
- Whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, toss the lettuce with 1/3 cup of the dressing, reserving the rest to pass with the salad. Arrange the lettuce on a large platter. Top with the cantaloupe, figs and ham. Garnish with the basil leaves, chives and pine nuts.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.