Cornmeal Pancakes with Maple-Cranberry Butter
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Because cast iron heats so evenly, F&W's Melissa Rubel Jacobson uses it for pancakes.
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter plus 3 tablespoons butter, melted, and more for brushing
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- In a mini food processor, pulse the stick of softened butter with the cranberries, maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt until combined; scrape into a bowl.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour with the cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt. Whisk in the milk, egg and the 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over moderate heat and brush with butter. Ladle in 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake; cook until just beginning to set. Flip the pancakes and cook until just cooked through. Transfer the pancakes to plates, spread with the cranberry butter and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.