- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 baking potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked corned beef, fat trimmed and meat cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, plus more for serving
- 6 large eggs
- Snipped chives, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a very large nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil. Add the potatoes and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the corned beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomato sauce and 1 tablespoon of hot sauce and simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is very thick, about 15 minutes.
- In another large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Crack the eggs into the skillet and fry sunny-side up or over-easy. Spoon the hash onto plates and top with the eggs. Sprinkle with chives and serve right away.