- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 baking potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked corned beef, fat trimmed and meat cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, plus more for serving
- 6 large eggs
- Snipped chives, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a very large nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil. Add the potatoes and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 10 minutes.
Add the onion and bell pepper and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the corned beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomato sauce and 1 tablespoon of hot sauce and simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is very thick, about 15 minutes.
In another large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Crack the eggs into the skillet and fry sunny-side up or over-easy. Spoon the hash onto plates and top with the eggs. Sprinkle with chives and serve right away.