- 1 (3 pound) piece corned beef brisket (preferably the first or flat cut)
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds boiling potatoes, peeled
- 1 small green cabbage, cut into 2-inch wedges
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
In a large heave pot, place the corned beef, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, bay leaves, coriander seed, mustard seed, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover with cold wager by 2 inches and bring to a simmer. Simmer, skimming any foam, partially covered, until the corned beef is tender, about 3 hours.
Transfer the corned beef and vegetables to a serving dish and drizzle with a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve.