- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Joseph Humphrey, the chef at Murray Circle at Sausalito, California's new eco-lodge Cavallo Point, simmers this soup with the corn cobs to deepen the flavor.
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 ears of corn—kernels cut off the cobs and cobs broken in half
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- In a saucepan, bring the water and broth to a boil with the corn kernels, cobs, onion, garlic, celery and vermouth. Simmer for 20 minutes. Discard the cobs. Puree the soup in a blender. Strain into a large, clean saucepan, season with salt and pepper and whisk in the cream. Serve the soup hot or chilled; garnish with the mushrooms, cilantro and olive oil.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.