Corn, Tomato, and Basil Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
For a lightning-quick, summery salad, pair fresh corn with cherry tomatoes and chopped basil.
- 3 ears of corn, shucked (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped basil
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Fill and large bowl with ice water and set aside.
- Add the corn to the boiling water. Boil for 1 minute. Drain, quickly rinse under cold water, and then put the corn into the ice bath until fully cooled off. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, red onion and basil. In another bowl whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Toss the corn mixture with the vinaigrette. Chill and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.