- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 1 1/2 ears)
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and 1 teaspoon of salt. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the buttermilk and melted butter. Whisk in the dry ingredients, then fold in the corn kernels.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean. Let the corn muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mascarpone with the honey and a pinch of salt. Serve with the muffins.
The corn muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.