- 1 ear of corn, shucked, kernels cut off the cob
- 1/2 pound shelled and deveined shrimp, chopped
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- Kosher salt
- 20 small, round gyoza wrappers
- Soy sauce, for dipping
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, mix the corn kernels with the shrimp, scallions, garlic and ginger and season with salt. Brush the edges of the wrappers with water and spoon 1 tablespoon of the filling in the center of each. Fold one side of the wrapper over to form a half moon, pressing the edges together to seal. In a steamer basket, steam the dumplings over simmering water until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Alternately, boil the dumplings for about 3 minutes. Serve with soy sauce.
The uncooked dumplings can be frozen for up to 1 month.