Corn Queso Fundido
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
F&W's Justin Chapple uses frozen sweet corn from Gill's Farm in Hurley, New York, to create this cheesy, slightly spicy dip.
- 1 pound frozen sweet corn kernels (3 cups), thawed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 poblano chile—stemmed, seeded and finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- Kosher salt
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Finely chopped cilantro, radish matchsticks and thinly sliced jalapeños, for garnish
- Corn tortilla chips, for serving
- In a blender, puree half of the corn with 1/2 cup of water until smooth. Strain the puree through a fine sieve into a medium bowl.
- In a cast-iron skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the poblano, onion, remaining corn and a pinch of salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened and barely browned, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the corn puree and cook, stirring, until bubbling, about 2 minutes. Add the cheese and cook over low heat, stirring, until melted. Season with salt and garnish with cilantro, radish and jalapeño. Serve hot, with tortilla chips.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.