- Buttermilk Corn Bread, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound andouille sausage, quartered lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- One 2-pound bunch of celery, coarsely chopped
- 8 scallions, white and tender green parts only, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound large shrimp—shelled, deveined and halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 3 cups chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Generously butter a 10-by-15-inch glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Put the corn bread in a bowl. In a large, deep skillet, cook the andouille over moderate heat until lightly browned and the fat is rendered, about 10 minutes. Add to the corn bread.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Stir in the onions, celery and half of the scallions and cook over low heat until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the shrimp, garlic, sage and thyme and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp to the corn bread.
- In the same skillet, bring the stock to a boil. Pour the stock over the corn bread and stir well. Add the parsley and the remaining scallions and season the stuffing with salt, pepper and Tabasco. Spread the stuffing in the prepared baking dish and bake for 1 hour, or until crisp and browned on top.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.