- 1 pound corn bread (not sweet), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted shelled pumpkin seeds
- Lime wedges, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400°. Toast the corn bread in a single layer on a baking sheet, turning once, until golden.
In a skillet, heat the oil with the oregano over low heat until fragrant, 8 minutes. Let cool. Strain the oil. In a bowl, whisk the vinegar and mustard. Slowly whisk in the oregano oil. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine the corn bread, tomatoes, cheese, cilantro, onion and pumpkin seeds. Add the dressing and toss well. Transfer the salad to plates and serve with lime wedges.