- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly, plus more for the pan
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fine yellow cornmeal, preferably stone-ground
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- Thinly sliced jarred roasted red peppers, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400° and butter a 9-inch square baking pan. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, sour cream and melted butter. In a medium bowl, whisk the cornmeal with the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and baking soda. Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until smooth, then fold in the crumbled feta.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 40 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the corn bread cool slightly, then cut into squares and serve with roasted peppers.
The corn bread can be stored in an airtight container overnight; serve at room temperature.