- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 pound small zucchini or summer squash, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound orzo
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon guajillo or ancho chile powder
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, frozen
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan. In a large bowl, toss the corn and zucchini with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderate heat until charred and crisp-tender, about 10 minutes for the zucchini and 15 minutes for the corn. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool. Cut the kernels off the corncobs and coarsely chop the zucchini. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the orzo until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Drain well and spread the orzo out on a baking sheet; pat dry with paper towels
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the lime juice, shallot, chile powder and 1/2 cup of the cilantro; season with salt and pepper. Add the orzo, corn, zucchini and the remaining chopped cilantro and mix well. Transfer to a platter. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the frozen goat cheese all over the top and serve.