Corn and Tomato Salad with Shrimp and Watercress
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
The Good News Brian Bistrong's refreshing salad is a play on the one he learned from his mentor David Bouley. The shrimp bumps up the protein virtually without adding any fat, while the watercress is a great source of vitamin C.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ears of corn, kernels cut from the cob (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound shelled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems discarded
- Light a grill. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the corn kernels and cook over high heat, stirring, until they are softened, about 4 minutes. Transfer the corn to a bowl and let cool. Add the tomatoes, onion, parsley, chives, tarragon, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season the corn salad with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp over high heat, turning once, until pink and curled, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the lemon zest.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the lemon juice and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the watercress and toss in the dressing to coat. Transfer the watercress to a large serving platter. Top with the corn and tomato salad and the grilled shrimp and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.