- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ears of corn, kernels cut from the cob (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound shelled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems discarded
How to make this recipe
Light a grill. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the corn kernels and cook over high heat, stirring, until they are softened, about 4 minutes. Transfer the corn to a bowl and let cool. Add the tomatoes, onion, parsley, chives, tarragon, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season the corn salad with salt and pepper.
In a bowl, toss the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp over high heat, turning once, until pink and curled, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the lemon zest.
In a large mixing bowl, stir the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the lemon juice and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the watercress and toss in the dressing to coat. Transfer the watercress to a large serving platter. Top with the corn and tomato salad and the grilled shrimp and serve right away.
One Serving 235 cal, 12 gm total fat, 1.7 gm saturated fat, 17 gm carb, 3 gm fiber.