- 3 1/2 cups Corn Broth (see Note) or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice (7 ounces)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 cup shelled peas
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, bring the Corn Broth to a simmer and keep hot. Heat the olive oil in another medium saucepan. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring constantly, until absorbed, about 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the hot Corn Broth and cook, stirring, until absorbed. Continue adding the remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, and cook the rice, stirring constantly, until al dente, about 20 minutes. Add the corn and peas and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the risotto into bowls, garnish with the basil and serve.
One Serving 404 cal, 9.8 gm fat, 2 gm saturated fat, 64 gm carb, 4 gm fiber.
Corn Broth To make 1 quart, simmer 6 corncobs with 1 small chopped onion, herb sprigs and 2 quarts of cold water for 40 minutes, then strain.