- 5 ears of corn (about 3 pounds), shucked
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 jalapeños
- 2 large green beefsteak tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
How to make this recipe
Light a grill. Lightly brush the corn with olive oil and grill, turning occasionally, until charred in some spots and tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a work surface and let cool for 5 minutes. Cut the kernels from the cobs and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, grill the jalapeños, turning occasionally, until charred and soft, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 20 minutes. Peel, seed and finely chop the jalapeños. Stir into the corn along with the tomatoes, scallions, cilantro and mint.
In a small bowl, whisk the 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the lime juice, sugar, cumin and coriander and season with salt and pepper. Add to the vegetables and toss to coat. Transfer the salad to a bowl, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and serve.