- 3 ears of corn, shucked (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into diagonal 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 medium shallot, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
How to make this recipe
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Fill and large bowl with ice water and set aside.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water. Boil for 1 minute. Add the corn and boil for an additional 1 minute. Drain, quickly rinse under cold water, and then put the corn and green beans into the ice bath until fully cooled off. After fully cooled, drain the corn and green beans and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk the dressing ingredients together until combined.
- In a large bowl, add the corn and green beans. Add the red onion, and then toss with the dressing. Chill until ready to serve.