© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Corn and Cabbage Coleslaw
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
This crunchy coleslaw pairs fresh corn with two kinds of shredded cabbage for a gorgeous combination.
Slideshow: Sensational Slaw Recipes
- 2 ears of corn, shucked (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside.
- Add the corn to the boiling water. Boil for 1 minute. Drain, quickly rinse under cold water, and then put the corn into the ice bath until fully cooled off. Drain.
- In a large bowl combine the corn, cabbages, green onion, and cheese.
- In another bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to completely coat. Chill and serve.