- 2 ears of corn, shucked (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside.
Add the corn to the boiling water. Boil for 1 minute. Drain, quickly rinse under cold water, and then put the corn into the ice bath until fully cooled off. Drain.
In a large bowl combine the corn, cabbages, green onion, and cheese.
In another bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to completely coat. Chill and serve.