© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Corn and Bulgur Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
This great summer salad with sweet corn, healthy bulgur and pops of fresh lemon juice is the perfect accompaniment to your grilled menu.
Slideshow: More Bulgur Recipes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 ears corn, shucked (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Stir in the bulgur and salt, remove from the heat and allow to sit for 25 minutes, or until the bulgur is tender. Drain excess water. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the bulgur, corn, and cucumber. In another bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the bulgur mixture with the dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper, desired. Serve at room temperature or chilled.