- 1/2 cup pearled barley
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 4 ears)
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- 3/4 cup chopped pitted mild green olives
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the barley until just tender, about 25 minutes. Drain well and spread out on a plate to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast for about 12 minutes, until golden. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- In a bowl, toss the barley with the corn, walnuts and all of the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
The salad can be made up to 6 hours ahead and refrigerated. Serve it at room temperature.