- 2 seedless cucumbers, peeled and ctu into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 3/4 cups whole-milk yogurt
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, mashed to a paste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
In a colander set over a bowl, toss the cucumber with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Set a plate directly on the cucumber and weigh it down with a heavy can. Let the cucumber drain for at least 4 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
Meanwhile, put the yogurt in a strainer lined with a coffee filter. Set the strainer over a large bowl and let the yogurt drain in the refrigerator until very thick, at least 4 hours or overnight.
In a medium bowl, combine the cucumbers, thickened yogurt and sour cream. In a small bowl, stir the sugar into the vinegar until dissolved. Add the sweetened vinegar to the cucumbers along with the garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and white pepper and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Stir in the dill and serve.