- 1 1/2 ounces Armagnac, preferably VSOP
- 3/4 ounce Madeira Syrup (see Note)
- 1/4 ounce white crème de cacao
- 3 ounces hot brewed coffee
How to make this recipe
- In a warmed mug or heatproof glass, stir the Armagnac with the Madeira Syrup and crème de cacao until combined. Top with the coffee.
Madeira Syrup: In a small saucepan, combine 6 ounces Sercial Madeira with 1/4 cup honey and 1 thyme sprig. Simmer over low heat, stirring, just until the honey darkens, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Let the syrup cool, then strain into a jar. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Makes about 4 ounces.