- 3 jalapeño peppers, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 small cauliflower, cut into 1/4-inch florets
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, toss the jalapeños, bell peppers, onion, celery, carrot and cauliflower with the salt. Add cold water to cover and refrigerate for 12 hours.
Drain the vegetables and rinse well; pat dry. Transfer the vegetables to a 2-quart jar.
In a medium bowl, whisk the vinegar with all of the remaining ingredients. Add the vinegar mixture to the jar and stir well. Cover and refrigerate the <em>giardiniera</em> for 1 to 2 weeks before serving.