© Tina Rupp
Concord Grape Granita
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 4 HRS 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The Good News This icy dessert gets its sweet, tangy taste from Concord grape juice, which has three times the antioxidant power of orange and grapefruit juices.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh Concord grape juice
- In a saucepan, simmer the sugar and water to dissolve the sugar. Let cool.
- In a 9-inch square, glass baking dish, combine the sugar syrup and grape juice. Freeze for 30 minutes. Using 2 forks, scrape any frozen crystals into the center of the dish. Continue to freeze, scraping every 30 minutes, until the mixture is totally frozen and granular, about 4 hours total. Scrape the granita into chilled bowls and serve.
Notes One Serving 222 cal, 0 gm total fat, 0 gm saturated fat, 54 gm carb, 0 gm fiber.