- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, sliced
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to make this recipe
Cook the pasta until al dente and then drain and set aside.
In a stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, garlic and carrots and cook until onions are softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the chicken stock, chicken, zucchini and celery. Bring to a gentle boil, and then reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in the pasta and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.