- 8 ounces chilled brewed Earl Grey tea
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- Herbed Oleo-Saccharum (see Note)
- 8 ounces London dry gin
- 8 ounces Batavia-Arrack van Oosten (spicy, citrusy rum-like spirit)
- 8 ounces chilled club soda
- Lime wheels, rosemary sprigs and kaffir lime leaves, for garnish
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, combine the tea and lime juice with the oleo-saccharum and stir to dissolve. Strain the liquid into a punch bowl.
Add the gin and Batavia-Arrack to the punch bowl, fill with ice and stir well. Stir in the club soda and garnish with the lime wheels, rosemary sprigs and lime leaves. Serve with chilled punch cups or rocks glasses.
Using a vegetable peeler, remove the zest in strips of 2 lemons and 2 limes, preferably organic. Transfer the zests to a shallow medium bowl; add 4 kaffir lime leaves and 2 rosemary sprigs. Add 1 cup sugar and muddle the ingredients until the zests begin to release their oils. Push the zests to the sides of the bowl, cover and let macerate overnight. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.