Colonel Beach's Plantation Punch
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
According to mixologist Jeff Berry, this cooler is great for summer parties. Multiply each ingredient by the number of guests you're expecting, mix everything except the ginger beer and garnishes in a punch bowl and chill. Add a large block of ice (or ice cubes) and the ginger beer just before serving.
- 3 or 4 ice cubes, plus crushed ice
- 2 ounces dark rum, preferably Jamaican
- 1 ounce amber rum
- 1/2 ounce aged rum, preferably Barbados
- 1/2 ounce Velvet Falernum (clove-spiced liqueur)
- 2 ounces unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- 1/8 teaspoon absinthe, preferably Pernod
- 2 ounces chilled ginger beer
- 2 pineapple wedges and 2 pineapple leaves (optional) skewered on a pick, for garnish
- Put the ice cubes in a highball glass. Fill a cocktail shaker with crushed ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients to the shaker except the ginger beer and garnishes and shake well. Add the ginger beer to the shaker and pour (don't strain) into the highball glass. Garnish with the skewered pineapple wedges and leaves.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.