© Stephanie Meyer
Cold Cucumber Soup with Yogurt and Dill
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN Plus 8 hr chilling
- SERVINGS: Makes 5 cups
Andrew Zimmern’s Kitchen Adventures
This cool, refreshing herbs.
Slideshow: More Refreshing Cold Soups
- 2 large European cucumbers (2 1/4 pounds), halved and seeded—1/2 cup finely diced, the rest coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup loosely packed dill
- 1/4 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Fresh ground white pepper
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- In a blender, combine the chopped cucumber with the yogurt, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, dill, parsley, tarragon and the 1/4 cup of olive oil. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and white pepper, cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Season the soup again just before serving. Pour the soup into bowls. Garnish with the finely diced cucumber, red onion and a drizzle of olive oil and serve.