Cold Cucumber Soup with Mint
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/2 large hothouse cucumber—peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 8 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 cups cold plain yogurt
- 1 cup cold low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, toss the cucumber, radishes, garlic and 2 tablespoons each of the mint and dill. In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt with the milk, lemon juice and olive oil. Stir the vegetables into the yogurt and season with salt and pepper. Set the bowl over a larger bowl of ice water and stir occasionally until chilled, about 10 minutes. Ladle the soup into bowls, sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon each of mint and dill and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.