- 1 pound unwaxed cucumbers, plus 8 thin cucumber slices, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups whole-milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dill
- 4 salad burnet sprigs, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel half of the whole cucumbers; leave the skin on the rest. Halve all of the cucumbers lengthwise; scoop out and discard the seeds. Coarsely chop the cucumbers. In a bowl, toss the cucumbers with the vinegar and salt and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cucumbers to a blender or food processor, reserving the liquid. Add 2 tablespoons of the cucumber liquid and the yogurt, cream and chopped dill to the cucumbers and blend until smooth. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the reserved cucumber liquid to thin the soup if needed. Refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour or up to 1 day. Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with cucumber slices and salad burnet and serve.