Â© Lucy Schaeffer
- ACTIVE: 40 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: about 36 truffettes
Jacques Pépin flavors truffles with many ingredients, but he is especially fond of the coffee-rum combination in this recipe.
More Desserts by Jacques Pépin
- 1 pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, thinly sliced
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brewed espresso
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- Melt 1/2 of the chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water. Off the heat, whisk in the butter, then the egg yolks, espresso and rum; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Roll rounded teaspoons of the chocolate mixture into balls; place them on the baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in the double boiler. Remove from the heat and let cool, about 10 minutes. Using a skewer, spear each truffette, dip it in the chocolate and return it to the baking sheet. Refrigerate until ready to serve.