- 1/2 pound ground coffee (ground for French press)
- 64 ounces whole milk
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 8 ounces fresh lemon juice
- Two 750-ml bottles white rum
- Two-thirds 750-ml bottle Bénédictine (brandy-based herbal liqueur)
- One-half 750-ml bottle maraschino liqueur
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- Ice, preferably 1 large block
In a large pitcher, stir the ground coffee with the milk and refrigerate for 24 hours. Pour the coffee milk through a fine strainer into a large saucepan and warm over moderate heat; keep warm.
In a large bowl, stir the sugar with the lemon juice until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the rum, Bénédictine, maraschino liqueur and nutmeg. Add the warm milk; the mixture will look curdled. Pour the mixture through a fine strainer into a punch bowl and let cool, then refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Add ice.