- 2 ounces vodka, preferably Russian
- 2 teaspoons kümmel (caraway liqueur), or 1 1/2 teaspoons aquavit mixed with
1/2 teaspoon Rich Simple Syrup
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Rich Simple Syrup
- 1 ounce chilled club soda
- 1 lemon twist, for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the club soda and the garnish and shake well. Strain into an ice-filled collins glass and top with the club soda. Pinch the lemon twist over the drink, rub it around the rim of the glass, then drop it into the drink.