- 2 slices peasant bread (2 ounces), crusts removed, bread diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 6-ounce cod fillets
- 1 small lemon, sliced paper thin
How to make this recipe
- Soak the bread in the water, then squeeze dry; reserve 1/4 cup of the water.
- In a mini food processor, grind the almonds to a powder. Add the soaked bread, reserved water, vinegar, garlic and 1/4 cup of olive oil and process to a thick sauce. Scrape into a bowl, stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the broiler. On a broiler pan, brush the cod fillets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange a few lemon slices on each fillet and broil for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer the fillets to plates, top each with 2 tablespoons of the sauce and serve.