Cod with Basque Wine Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 5-ounce skinless cod fillets, halved crosswise
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound cockles, rinsed
- 6 ounces shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Season the fish with salt and pepper and dust all over with 1 tablespoon of the flour. Add the fish and garlic to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat until barely golden, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of flour over the fish. Turn the fish and add the peas, half of the parsley, the wine and the cockles. Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the cod is almost cooked, about 4 minutes. Add the shrimp, tucking them into the liquid. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and curled and the cockles have opened. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve in shallow bowls.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.